If you are looking to get some valuable information about the World Ocean Day 2020 Theme, Facts, Slogan Quotes then you have surely reached up at the right destination. This day was first introduced in 1992. The main aim of the celebration of this day is to make the people aware of the importance of oceans and water as the role of food in our life. It even plays one of the major roles of oxygen and medicine. This day was officially recognized by the United Nations (UN) in the year 2008. Now, 8th June is observed as the World Ocean Day. There are various kinds of events are arranged whose main hallmark is all about the oceans. On this day there is no single public holiday for the people. It is simply a global observance.
World Ocean Day 2020 Theme, Facts, Slogan Quotes
The main reason for the day is to know the importance of Oceans. So, down here, you will be able to check different quotes and facts about this day.
Background of World Ocean Day 2020:
We all know that oceans play one of the main roles in favor of life on earth. It has been stated out by United Nations that: “the lungs of our planet, providing most of the oxygen we breathe, [as well as] a major source of food and medicines and a critical part of the biosphere”. Since the last few years, we have seen that the danger and threat of pollution, overfishing in addition to management to marine habitats has been increased upon the high level.
World Ocean Day 2020 Facts:
- Each year this day if celebrates on 8th June just for the sake of giving tribute and honor to all the oceans of the world. It let people know about their duty to protect the oceans and have some awareness of their safety.
- The Malibu Foundation for Environmental Education and the California Coastal commission bring up with the annual event in Los Angeles in the year 1994.
- World Ocean Day was officially recognized by the United Nations in the year 2008.
- Some of the major events that are held on this day are photo contests, fossil hunting walks, concerts, and demonstrations.
World Ocean Day 2020 Theme, Quotes
So different quotes are arranged here for this day. Have a look down for it.
- “The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea”. Isak Dinesen
- “Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean”. Christopher Reeve
- “I hate to be near the sea, and to hear it roaring and raging like a wild beast in its den. It puts me in mind of the everlasting efforts of the human mind, struggling to be free, and ending just where it be”. William Hazlitt
- “The sea has never been friendly to man. At most, it has been the accomplice of human restlessness”. Joseph Conrad
- “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war”. Loren Eiseley
- “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop. I do not agree with the big way to do”. Mother Teresa
World Ocean Day 2020 Slogan
So, down here, there are different slogans given. Have a look down for it.
- “No water, No life. No Blue, No green.”
- “Save water today or tomorrow you will Pay.”
- “Water is worth for life on the Earth.”
- “Ocean is a mighty harmonist.”
- “Water is life! Save water. Save life.”
- “Not too late to save Water’s Fate.”
- “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.”
World Ocean Day 2020
So, this was all about World Ocean Day 2020 Theme, Facts, Slogan Quotes. Almost 300 events were held in almost 45 different countries in 2010. These events include photo contests, fossil hunting walks, demonstrations, and concerts. In the year 2012, the theme was “Youth: The Next Wave for Change.” So, this day has great importance now. Hopefully, you are confident about the post. So, stay with us for more informative posts.