Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Slavery, Leadership, Life, Civil War and many other topics are available on this page. As Abraham Lincoln is the sixteenth president of the USA and he lead his country in the day of crisis and also in civil war. Before the president he was a lawyer in USA and also a member of the United states House of representatives. He said many perfect words to its country for the slavery and even in the modern university and till now the member of parliament in USA used his quotes for the inspiration. He was a great leader of the United states. He was born in Hardin country, Kentucky to Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hanks Lincoln. when he was 9 years old when his mother died after few month Nancy also died. His political career starts in year 1834 so here are his some quotes for what you are here.
Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Slavery, Leadership, Life, Civil War
- “A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure permanently half-slave and half-free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved – I do not expect the house to fall – but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other.” (House Divided Speech, June 16, 1858)
- “I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea, and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficient Father who dwelleth in Heaven.” (Proclamation of Thanksgiving, October 3, 1863)
- “They are just what we would be in their situation. If slavery did not exist among them, they would not introduce it. If it did now exist among us, we should not instantly give it up.” (Speaking of Southerners, Springfield, Illinois in October, 1854)
- “The will of God prevails. In great contests each party claims to act in accordance with the will of God. Both may be, and one must be, wrong. God cannot be for and against the same thing at the same time. In the present Civi War it is quite possible that God’s purpose is something different from the purpose of either party – and yet the human instrumentalities, working just as they do, are of the best adaptation to effect His purpose.” (Meditation on the Divine Will, September 2, 1862)
- “In giving freedom to the slave, we assure freedom to the free – honorable alike in what we give and what we preserve. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last, best hope of earth.” (December 1, 1862 – Annual Message to Congress )
- “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves”.
- “We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”
- “Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.”
- “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.”
- “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”
Abraham Lincoln background is not from a rich family but his life proved to all world that every men can be a president of USA but for that pure hard working and struggle needed. Abraham Lincoln. We have collected these quotes from many sources just for you so that you have one platform where you find a huge collection of his famous quotes. We hope that you like our afford.