Armed Forces Day Quotes, Sayings, Poems 2019
Through this article we will going to highlight down Armed Forces Day Quotes, Sayings, Poems 2019. But before highlighting with the quotes sayings and poems we would like to explain the concept of Armed Forces Day as well. Each year almost all the Americans undertake with the celebrations of Armed Forces Day. This day is celebrated each year on the third Saturday of May. This day is all dedicated for all those men and women who have served the armed forces with complete services of passion and dedication. Here we would like to mention for the readers that Armed Forces Day is also the part of Armed Forces Week that begins on the second Saturday of May. On this happening all the Americans across the whole America wear up the special uniforms for giving away the honor and tribute to all the men and women who served the nation in the time of war and peace. All the militants belonging to the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard are included in this occasion. National Guard and Reserve units even undertake with the celebrations of Armed Forces Day/Week. Down on this page you would have a look on the Armed Forces Day Quotes, Sayings, Poems 2019.
Armed Forces Day Quotes, Sayings, Poems 2019
Events Of Armed Forces Day:
• Multi-service of military are displayed in areas open for the public.
• Various educational activities are even held that help the students to know about the armed forces.
• Large parades and other local celebrations.
• Different types of music are even played for the armed forces for giving away the respect to all those men and women who lost their lives.
• Some of the additional events added on Armed Forces Day are flag ceremonies, memorial services and funerals.
History OF Armed Forces Day
On the day of 31st August 1949 Louis Johnson who was the United States’ Secretary of Defense declared with the happening celebrations of Armed Forces Day. The very first Armed Forces Day was held on Saturday, May 20, 1950. The main theme in support of that day was “Teamed for Defense”.
All over America each and every single hook and corner is filled with the poster and pamphlets that are enriched with the images of armed forces in uniform. In addition most of the ordinary people even prefer wearing the uniforms for the whole for showing their respect and love for the armed forces.
Main Themes For Armed Forces Day:
• Appreciation of a Nation
• Dedication and Devotion
• Freedom Through Unity
• Power for Peace
• Prepared to Meet the Challenge
• Special Opportunity for Thanks
• Teamed for Defense
So this was all about the introduction of Armed Forces Day! Now by the end we are sharing the special quotes and poems that are all set for the Armed Forces Day….
Armed Forces Day Quotes
1) History has taught us over and over again that freedom is not free. When push comes to shove, the ultimate protectors of freedom and liberty are the brave men and women in our armed forces. Throughout our history, they’ve answered the call in bravery and sacrifice.
2) I have never met anyone who did not support our troops. Sometimes, however, we hear accusations that someone or some group does not support the men and women serving in our Armed Forces. But this is pure demagoguery, and it is intellectually dishonest.
3) We must never forget why we have, and why we need our military. Our armed forces exist solely to ensure our nation is safe, so that each and every one of us can sleep soundly at night, knowing we have ‘guardians at the gate.’
4) If you hear, day after day, liberals are rooting against armed forces, that is eventually going to have an effect on soldiers and troops who are actually going to believe that and it’s wrong. It’s just wrong.
5) Recruitment and retention are critical to sustain our Armed Forces with the best men and women willing to stand in the gap and make huge sacrifices to ensure our freedom.
6) I extend my deepest gratitude to our Armed Forces and first responders serving both at home and abroad in the war against terrorism.
Armed Forces Day Poems
• American is this Hero
In uniform standing tall
Ready, willing, and able
To march, the will to face all
The proudest of our service
Steadfastly meeting each call
The bravest of our country
As were those upon The Wall
Displaying awesome courage
A treasure you cannot install
Filled with total commitment
To serve us for the long haul
America know this Hero
Thank God and always recall
Americans in strength unite
This union born in freedom’s light
United States, how sure we are
We’ll pull together, near and far
The world can see of what we’re made
Each state is of the highest grade
Determination, filled with pride
Our people’s will won’t be denied
Our founding fathers set to stay
The road we’ve traveled to this day
A quest for right cannot be wrong
With help from God, we will stay strong
Support our troops ranks number one
For the job they do is never done
When forced they put it on the line
True patriots, when called they shine
Let’s raise Old Glory with a cheer
And thank all soldiers, past and here
• At the urging of Harry Truman
The third Saturday in May
The new Department of Defense
Proclaimed it, “Armed Forces Day”.
A day to Thank all the Services
Who defend our air, land, and sea
Who serve our Country Proudly
Defending, this Land of the Free.
All those young Men and Women
And too, all of those “oldsters”
Who march, fly, and set sail
As Airmen, Sailors, Marines and Soldiers.
Some of them serve as “Regulars”
And some just do, the weekend
But all step forward, Strong and Proud
When we need someone to send.
The times have been a’changing
And missions they are asked to
Grow much more complicated
Than what, they used to do.
They must be Warrior and Diplomat
With clenched fist or gentle touch
Pass the ammunition, feed the hungry
Build roads, hospitals, and such.
“A Tradition of Heroes”
Is what some people say
And, we all owe them a, “Thank you!”
On this, “Armed Forces Day”
Armed Forces Day Sayings
- There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.
- Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the Armed Forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard.
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
- These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor — and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.
- I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
- Serving alongside our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen, our Nation’s military families give of themselves and give up their time with their loved ones so we may live safely and freely…. On Military Spouse Appreciation Day, we honor the spouses of those who have left behind everything they know and love to join our Nation’s unbroken chain of patriots…. Let us celebrate these selfless individuals by supporting them and upholding our everlasting commitment to stand beside them and their families.
This is all about the Armed Forces Day Quotes, Sayings, Poems 2019, Hope you like our effort.